I’m an Game Artist with many years professional experience in console and mobile game development.
Become part of a creative development team that can utilize my diverse skill set to make great games.
GSN Games – Unity Artist/Generalist – Aug. 2015 – Present
- Worked directly with the 3D manger, art director and programmers on making our world-class mobile products.
- Worked closely with both 3D and 2D artists to create fun and immersive stages in Unity that offer compelling 3D environments and dynamic, responsive UI.
- Problem solved issues that arose from other programs when working with Unity.
- Anticipated artistic needs, then partnered with technical artists to find best possible solutions.
GREE International, Inc. – 3D Artist – Mar. 2014 – May. 2015
- Supported the design of master lighting rigs and hero lighting setups for our 3D games.
- Worked with the technical team to continue to develop the internal 3D pipeline.
- Responsible for modeling, UV mapping, texturing, and animating environments and prop assets.
- Incorporated custom scripts to improve fellow artist’s workflow.
- Project Blackbird (iOS/Android – unreleased)
- City of Rivals (iOS – unreleased)
KIXEYE – Contract Technical UI Artist – August 2013 – March 2014
- Responsible for taking UI designs and integrating them into Unity Game Engine via NGUI. Worked with engineers to set up UI functionality.
- Used propriety tools to setup game object functionality.
- Create various motion graphics and other 3D animated art assets for game UI as needed.
Telltale Games – Contract Environment Artist – Feb. 2013 – March 2013
- Responsible for modeling, UV mapping, and texturing a variety of environment props for Telltale Games’ projects.
- Poker Night 2 (cross platform)
- The Walking Dead (cross platform)
Nihilistic Software Inc. – Senior Environment/Prop Artist – Feb. 2006 – Dec. 2012
- Responsible for modeling, UV mapping, and texturing environment and prop assets.
- Incorporated custom scripts to improve fellow artist’s workflow in Maya.
- Documented best practices for outsource teams, developed workflows to quickly integrate assets into our game engine, and collaborated with the art team to provide appropriate visual feedback on assets received.
- Designed, prototype, and developed user interfaces for several Nihilistic projects using Flash/Actionscript.
- Setup custom behaviors and physics properties for the majority of destructible and interactive props for the project listed below using proprietary tools.
- Trained new hires to use Nihilistic proprietary tools, documented tutorials and best practices for our tools.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified (PS VITA)
- Resistance: Burning Skies (PS VITA)
- Playstation Move Heroes (PS3)
- God of War PlayStation Home (PS3/PSN – unreleased)
- Ratchet & Clank Playstation Home (PS3/PSN)
- Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (PS3/Xbox 360 – unreleased)
- Zombie Apocalypse (PSN/XBLA)
- Conan (PS3/Xbox 360)
Nihilistic Software Inc. – Quality Assurance – Feb. 2004 – 2006
- Perform responsibilities of testing game content and identifying bugs in the game
- Responsible for documenting software defects and entering bugs in tracking software
- Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects (PS2/Xbox/Gamecube)
- Starcraft Ghost (PS2/Xbox)
- Unity Game Engine, Maya, ZBrush, Photoshop
- San Francisco City College – Multimedia Studies Program
Completed multiple courses through the Multimedia Studies program, which combine the study of animation, art, graphics, programming, and problem solving with the tools and techniques of communication for interactive digital media.
- California State University, Fresno – Bachelor of Arts in History
Completed the Bachelor of Arts program in History concurrently with a Minor in Anthropology when he thought he might become the next Indiana Jones or a history teacher.